2011-09-30

Time for the wrap up - Summer Sewing

FairyFace Designs

Let's say my summer sewing plans did not go exactly as planned, but still it's been fun. 

Part 1 - As planned (according to the original and the mid-term modified plans that is):

1. Make some more wallets for gifts. 
2. Make a pouch for my sister.
3. Finish the Lily's Quilts QAL quilt.
4. Make chocolate, lime and orange (well, rather reddish) quilt for my sister-in-law.
5. Try paper piecing.
6. Back, quilt and bind the first quilt top I pieced last December and then put aside for times I would be more confident with quilting (and for the decision what to back it with)

Part 2 - Not exactly as planned:
1. Finish designing a quilt for these beauties (and at least start the cutting):



As you already know the green became lining for two bags (and there is still quite a lot left). 
Moreover, the blues and the orange found their perfect project in the Skill Builder Sampler blocks:

And the red/pink/brown is still waiting.
2. Find or design a pattern and sew a quilt from the Australian fabrics I got from my cousin - still no quilt, but the top is ready:



Part 3 - Totally not as planned: 
1. Make 2 pillows with the hexie pieces from Lynz or a picnic blanket - Still not done, but definitely it's going to be a blanket (unless I change my mind again).
2. I also have some plans which would involve combining quilting with my now somewhat neglected drawing, but I don't have any details for you yet - Still not done, waiting for winter, I'm afraid. 
3. Start making blocks from Civil War Quilts from various second-hand shirts  - I think I'll get back to it next year, for now I'm thinking about a different pattern to use for the second-hand shirts I've collected so far.

So, that's it. Could be better, but still not so bad, don't you think?


5 comments:

  1. Your sampler blocks are fab!! Also you mosaic of finished projects :-) thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am afraid of these to do lists and then having to own up to where I am at. I think you are doing excellently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finished projects are quite pretty! Love the quilt,and the one in progress too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, all so lovely, I especially like the pouch purses.

    ReplyDelete